Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search within the Library Catalog
Articles and Chapters on Hourani
- Own, Roger. Albert Hourani and the making of modern Middle East studies in the English-speaking world : a personal memoir. In Jens Hanssen (ed.), Arabic Thought Beyond the Liberal Age : Towards an Intellectual History of the Nahda. Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Albert's world : historicism, liberal imperialism and the struggle for Palestine, 1936-48. In Jens Hanssen (ed.), Arabic Thought Beyond the Liberal Age : Towards an Intellectual History of the Nahda. Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Issawi, Charles. My life and pleasant times with Albert Hourani. In edited by Leila Fawaz in cooperation with Fida Nasrallah and Nadim Shehadi. State and society in Lebanon. Oxford : Tufts University and the Centre for Lebanese Studies, 1991.
- Hopwood, Derek . Albert Hourani: Islam, Christianity, and orientalism. British Journal of Middle Eastern Studies (November 2003), 30
- Khalidi, Walid. On Albert Hourani, the Arab Office, and the Anglo-American Committee of 1946. Journal of Palestine Studies, (2005), 35 (1).