Advanced Search gives you much more flexibility when creating complex searches. Boxes and dropdown can help you structure your search.
1. Build your search.
Use the dropdown menus to help structure your search phrases. (optional).
The first box, defaulted to "Any Field", limits your results to Title, Author, Subject, etc. or leave it "Any Field" to search them all.
Enter your search terms (single words, phrases or complex search string using Boolean operators)
2. Select the date range (optional)
3. Content type: use it to identify what type of resource are you searching for:
4. Discipline: use it to identify what Discipline are you searching for.
5. Language: use it to select your preferred language.
6. Limit to: use it to limit your search to the full text only, or peer-reviewed publications only, etc.
7. Exclude from results: use it to exclude any content type to narrow down your research.
8. Click Search.