Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
There are common issues that cause problems for library users attempting to access databases and electronic journals. This guide defines the most routine of these technical issues and provides quick, do-it-yourself solutions.
- For basic tips, read below.
- For step-by-step instructions for specific resources click on the appropriate tab above.
Make sure you are accessing the databases through the Library Website to be recognized as USEK user.
4. User Limits and special access note
Some databases require you to set up a special account (Lexis 360, RefWorks). Others are limited to just a few or only one user at a time (Dalloz, Idrel).
Access the A-Z Databases list to check for special access notes about the resource you are trying to use. Example below:
2. Different browser
Try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari...) because different resources work differently in different browsers.
We do not recommend Internet Explorer for library research, because this Microsoft browser causes the most problems with our resources.
- Refresh your browser (press Ctrl+F5). To force a hard refresh, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on the reload icon on your browser’s toolbar.
- Turn your computer on and off.
- Unplug your router and then restart it.
- If you are off-campus, you should be prompted to log in with your USEK credentials to access an article or an e-book. Make sure you are entering your username and password correctly.
3. Cache and cookies
Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
- On your computer, open Chrome;
- At the top right, click More ;
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data;
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time;
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes;
- Click Clear data.