RefWorks Citation Manager is a plugin for Microsoft Word that allows you run a simplified version of RefWorks inside Word. RefWorks Citation Manager is the newer version of Write-N-Cite.
RefWorks Citation Manager is available through the Microsoft Store and can be installed directly from Microsoft Word.
RefWorks Citation Manager will be listed. Select 'Add to install'; it opens in the right sidebar.
3. Log into RefWorks. Synchronizing data with your RefWorks account may take a few moments, especially on your first login. Once you are logged in, the sidebar updates with your references.
4. An action menu is available on the left of the sidebar; a configuration menu is available when you select the top right of the sidebar.
. To set the citation style, select 'Change citation style' in the action menu;
. A dialog box appears in the right sidebar;
. Select the style and select 'Update';
. Every time you perform this action, all citations and the bibliography will be updated to the new style.
Select the reference and select 'Quick Cite'. When you do, two things are added to your document:
1. Select the reference and select 'Preview & Edit'. The Preview & Edit pane appears. Full reference information appears at the bottom.
2. Select to insert the citation inline.
3. Optionally configure whether to change the page numbers, hide the author, or hide the publication year. A preview of the citation and the bibliography entry appears.
4. Optionally add a prefix or suffix text to the reference.
5. Select Insert Citation. An inline citation is added as well as a bibliography entry.
. Edit a citation – Move your cursor to anywhere in the citation. The information opens in the right sidebar.
. Delete a citation – Select the entire citation, either by highlighting it with your mouse or by selecting the block element handle and pressing Delete. Select Update document in the action menu to update the bibliography.
. Add a citation to a footnote – Create a footnote in Word and add a citation to it as you would add a citation inline in the text.
. Refresh RefWorks – If you need to refresh the RefWorks pane, select Reload from the configuration menu.
. View Source – For support use.
. Security Info – Microsoft information about the plugin.