Importing a PDF from a file:
Open the RefWorks folder where you want to save the PDF
1. Click +Add (Main Navigation Menu), then choose Upload Document;
2. This will open the files stored on your computer;
3. Click on the document that you want to import;
4. RefWorks will import the PDF and will automatically check the attached metadata; and it will link the PDF to the necessary fields to make a complete citation.
Adding a PDF directly to a reference
1. Click on the title of the reference that you want to add the PDF to;
2. The reference full view will open on the right side;
3. Click on edit and scroll down;
4. Click on 'add an attachment';
5. This will open your files stored on your computer. Click on the PDF that you want to import;
6. RefWorks will attach the PDF to the specified reference.
This video will show you how to add PDFs to the new version of RefWorks:
StFX Library. (2016, September 2). Adding PDFs to RefWorks [Video file]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/VRVIhe5CuFY