RefWorks interface includes 3 menus
The Top Navigation includes the following
1. Manage Projects: allows you to work on separate projects within one login account. Please see 'Organize your References tab' in this libguide's menu for more details.
2. Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK): links you to USEK's website.
3. Language (en): allows you to select your preferred language. English is the DEFAULT language.
Note: This changes the language of RefWorks' interface and not the language of the saved references.
4. Name Display:
The Main Navigation includes the following
Upload a Document: allows you to add files (PDF, PPT, Word) to your RefWorks account; documents can also be uploaded with drag and drop.
Import References: allows you to import references from other citation tools (Legacy RefWorks, Zoterro, Endnote), and from other sources using RIS formatted file.
Create New Reference: allows you to add manually information about resources to generate a record and save it into RefWorks. For more information, see Add References to RefWorks tab.
2. Assign to Folder: allows you to select references and assign them to a specific folder.
3. Share: allows you to share your files with others within or outside your institution. In addition to individual sharing, you can share folders with All USEK Community; and you can export all your references into specified file formats.
4. Create Bibliography:
Create Bibliography: allows you to create bibliography in your preferred citation style.
Quick Cite: allows you to view and copy formatted citations for a resource.
Citation Style Editor: allows you to customize the citation styles you can use for citations and bibliographies.
5. Delete: allows you to delete selected citations from your references list.
6. Add Tags: allows you to add tags to your references for searching.
7. Tools: RefWorks offers add-on and plug-in tools to help with your research project.
8. Search: allows you to find information in specific folders or within specific reference fields; and search across all of your RefWorks content by entering keywords, authors, titles, etc. into the search box.
The Left Sidebar includes the following:
1. All References: Contains all references in your project.
2. Search Databases: allows you to search open Online Public Access Catalogs (OPACs) such as BNF. This feature returns limited search results and bibliographic information from library catalogs and /or open access databases that can be accessed from within RefWorks. It does not provide full-text.
3. Last Imported: this tab displays any references added to your RefWorks within the last 30 days.
4. Sharing: allows you to share your references with others within or outside the USEK community. In addition to individual sharing, you can share folders with all users at USEK.
5. My Folders: allows you to organize references into folders and subfolders. A single reference can be in multiple folders.
6. Tags: adding tags, or specific keywords, allows you to further organize and manage your content. While tags may be automatically supplied by the author or publisher when saving to RefWorks, you can add or modify tags within the individual reference record. In addition, you can search your content using tags.
7. Deleted: contains all items that have been deleted from your RefWorks. After 30 days, items in this tab will be permanently removed.
1. Select how many references you would like to display per page.
2. Normal View: a minimalist view. Each reference's associated folders and tags are displayed.
3. Table View: minimalist view. References appear in a table for easy sorting.
4. Full View: detailed view. Select a tag to refresh the page with all references associated with the tag. Select the text link to view the full text, if available. Select any other field to open the right sidebar and edit that field.
5. Citation View: a bibliographic view. To select your preferred citation style, go to the gear icon in the view options menu and choose a referencing style. RefWorks highlights missing fields that are recommended for the selected citation style. Select a highlight to open the right sidebar and edit that field.